American Renaissance 2/20/2026 12:17:05 PM
The Minneapolis City Council could decide Thursday whether two downtown hotels should lose their liquor licenses for possibly housing ICE agents during Operation Metro Surge.
{snip}
Catch up quick: For the last two weeks, the council has delayed action on liquor licenses at the two hotels — the Canopy by Hilton and Renaissance’s The Depot Minneapolis — to seek more information and public testimony.
{snip}
To reject a license, the council would need to find “a connection between the licensed activity and the identified concerns,” Quinn O’Reilly of the Minneapolis city attorney’s office said.
{snip}
The other side: “We should be focused on bringing people into the city, not driving them away. That means backing events [and] filling our venues,” Mayor Jacob Frey told Axios in a statement.
{snip}
More than 13,500 nights’ worth of reservations and five “major events” have been canceled, according to a preliminary city report.
{snip}
Legally, the hotels may have had grounds to deny rooms to the agents, O’Reilly advised the council earlier this week.
But if they did, they’d risk losing their Hilton and Marriott affiliations — as happened to a Lakeville hotel whose staff rejected agents’ bookings.
{snip}
The post Minneapolis Weighs Penalty for Hotels That Housed ICE Agents appeared first on American Renaissance.