American Renaissance 2/20/2026 12:17:06 PM
 

The life of a Congolese asylum seeker granted permission to stay in the United States is in “grave danger” after ICE secretly flew her to an unknown African nation, while the woman’s husband – a widely feared local politician who allegedly had her father shot dead as she watched – continues to hunt her across continents, according to a tranche of federal court documents reviewed by The Independent.

{snip}

At the age of 14, “Jane Doe” – as the devoutly Christian and former hairdresser in the Democratic Republic of Congo – was forced to become the African politician’s sixth wife in order to satisfy a family debt, according to the motion. For the next decade, Doe was physically and sexually abused by her husband and two of his sons, bearing four children while being “kept like a hostage,” says the motion, which seeks Doe’s immediate return to the U.S.

In late 2024, Doe managed to escape to her parents’ house, the motion goes on. But Doe’s politician husband quickly found her, brutalized her and her brother, ordered his bodyguards to execute her father in front of her, and burned the family home to the ground, the motion says. When Doe went to the police, they said her only option was to leave the country because “her abuser was too powerful and… they could not protect her,” according to the motion.

{snip}

Terrified, Doe made her way through 12 different countries – even braving the notorious Darién Gap on foot – to get to the United States, where, the motion explains, “she believed human rights were respected.” It says Doe arrived at the U.S.-Mexico border on January 2, 2025, and immediately requested asylum. She was sent to the Richwood Correctional Center in Monroe, Louisiana, as her case was processed, and last June received permission to stay in the U.S. under a “withholding of removal” decision barring her deportation to DR Congo.

However, that all changed on February 15, 2026, when ICE decided to send her to somewhere else.

Attorneys for Doe say they were never contacted by authorities about their client’s sudden removal and “don’t even know where [ICE] disappeared [her] to yesterday in the dark of night.” Doe was loaded onto a deportation flight bound for Senegal, Cameroon, Chad, Ghana and Nigeria, without any further information provided, the affidavit states, adding, “Ms. Doe has no connections, resources, money or way of contacting anyone in the world.”

The motion contends that Doe’s “unlawful removal means her life is in grave danger.”

Doe, according to a companion affidavit filed by one of her attorneys, is “an extraordinary woman.”

{snip}

The affidavit lauds Doe for fighting the June 2025 withholding of removal order, which the motion explains as “similar to asylum in that she proved it was more likely than not that she would be persecuted on account of a protected ground if she were removed to the Democratic Republic of Congo and that the government there was unable or unwilling to protect her.”

{snip}

In a June 2025 letter to authorities, filed as an exhibit in court, another attorney representing Doe wrote that she had been told ICE was considering Canada and Spain as possible third countries where they could deport her. However, her husband has family in both places, and could easily locate her there, the letter said. Guatemala, a third possibility floated by ICE, would be equally dangerous for Doe, who also speaks no Spanish, according to a follow-up letter.

Still, immigration authorities denied Doe her right to a reasonable fear interview concerning any potential third country, which Monday’s motion calls an “extraordinary and illegal measure.”

{snip}

Doe’s lawyers argue the U.S. government has violated her Fifth Amendment right to due process, as well as a section of federal law that prohibits government agencies from”arbitrary or capricious” conduct.

{snip}

The post ICE Deports Asylum Seeker to Africa, Where Abuser Who Bought Her as ‘Wife’ Is Waiting to Kill Her, Lawyers Claim appeared first on American Renaissance.